Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, March 3, 2021:
– No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 were recorded today, and therefore the total number of deaths remains 232.
– 89 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 22 are in serious condition.
– A total of 33,194 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
– 323 (positivity rate: 0.97%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 35,620 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 232, of which:
155 men (67%), and
– 77 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 89 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 22 are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 22 patients who are critical, nine are intubated, four are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and nine to an intensive care unit.
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 33,194 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,929 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 30,265 by the antigen rapid test, 323 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 95 cases from 751 samples taken through the process of tracking close contact (primary contacts) cases.
- 27 cases from 1,253 samples taken through private initiative.
- 1 case of 260 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 10 cases from 370 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 6 cases from 239 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test in private clinical laboratories.
- 184 cases from 30,026 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 295 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.