Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, March 1, 2021:
– No deaths of patients with a final cause of death of COVID-19 were recorded today, and therefore the total number of deaths remains 231.
– 76 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 24 are in serious condition.
– A total of 38,001 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
– 302 (positivity rate: 0.79%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 35,009 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
No deaths of COVID-19 patients have been reported to date. Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 disease remains 231, of which:
154 men (67%), and
– 77 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 76 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 24 are in serious condition or with MAF conditions.
Of the 24 patients who are critical, 12 are intubated, two are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 10 to an intensive care unit.
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 38,001 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,583 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 35,418 by the antigen rapid test method, 302 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 88 cases from 580 samples taken through the process of tracking close contact (primary contacts) cases.
- 4 cases of 900 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 10 cases from 510 samples taken through private initiative.
- 4 cases from 354 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 3 cases from 239 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 6 cases from 533 samples tested by the method of antigen rapid test in private clinical laboratories.
- 187 cases from 34,885 samples examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.