Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The death of two patients with COVID-19 is announced. The ultimate cause of death is attributed to COVID-19. Specifically, these are:
– A 74-year-old man with underlying diseases, who was treated at the General Hospital of Famagusta, after being transferred from the rehabilitation center Ekali, Limassol.
– A 70-year-old man with underlying diseases, who was hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital
The total number of deaths due to COVID-19 disease is 43. – 27 men (63%) and 16 women (37%), – with an average age of 75 years.
In addition, the Ministry of Health informs that a total of 12,077 tests were performed today to detect COVID-19 disease, consisting of 5,022 PCR Tests and 7,055 Antigen Rapid Tests.
A. Molecular examination ( PCR test ): 5,022 laboratory diagnoses were performed by the molecular method (PCR), with 274 new cases of COVID-19 disease, which resulted in the following:
- Out of 659 samples taken through the process of tracking the contacts of already confirmed cases, 51 cases were identified.
- Of the 1,317 samples taken through private initiative, 65 cases were identified.
- Out of 400 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals, 21 cases were identified.
- Out of 126 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Doctors and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics, 38 cases were identified.
- Out of 980 samples taken in the Limassol District as part of the control of workers who fall under the exemptions for movement to and from the Limassol and Paphos Districts, 7 cases were identified.
- From 394 samples taken in the District of Paphos in the context of control of employees who fall under the exemptions for movement to and from the Districts of Limassol and Paphos, 6 cases were identified.
- From 525 samples taken in the District of Nicosia in the context of control of employees who fall under the exemptions for movement to and from the Provinces of Limassol and Paphos, 2 cases were identified.
- Out of 132 samples taken as part of the laboratory testing program carried out in nursing homes and other structures, 21 cases were identified.
- Out of 126 samples taken under the immigrant structures control program, 11 cases were identified.
- The 1 sample taken as part of the sampling carried out by the KOP in Associations participating in its events, is positive for the virus.
- The 51 cases are cases that were positively detected by the rapid antigen test method in the previous days and were verified by the PCR method. Positive rapid antigen detection tests confirmed by PCR are included in the total number of cases below.
In addition, laboratory tests were performed by the following programs, without detecting a case:
- From laboratory samples taken within the control program of students, teachers and school staff, 31 laboratory tests were completed.
- From samples taken as part of passenger and repatriate control, 225 laboratory diagnoses were performed, and
- From samples taken from the inhabitants of Kato Pyrgos Tillirias, 106 laboratory diagnoses were completed.
Therefore, based on the data so far, the total number of cases is 8,253.
B. Rapid antigen detection test ( Antigen Rapid test ): 7055 performed by the method of fast (rapid test antigen detection), with 114 positive results,
C. Patients: The Famagusta General Hospital treats 61 people positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus, six of whom are in the Intensive Care Unit. In addition, the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital treats a total of nine patients, four of whom are out of ventilator. Another 12 people are being treated in a COVID-19 ward at the Nicosia General Hospital, while seven patients are being treated in a ward at the Limassol General Hospital.