Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 10, 2021:
– One person has died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 148.
– 208 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 55 are in serious condition.
– A total of 8,778 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid test method.
– 339 (positivity rate: 3.86%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 27,350 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 is:
– A 75-year-old man with underlying diseases, who was treated at the Limassol General Hospital after being transferred from the nursing home to Agros.
Thus, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 148, of which:
- 99 men (67%), and
- 49 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 208 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 55 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 55 patients who are critical, 32 are intubated, four are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 19 to an intensive care unit.
C. Positive cases COVID -19 ( PCR test and rapid antigen test ) :
Of the 8,778 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,607 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 7,171 by the antigen rapid test, 339 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 118 cases out of 562 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 33 cases from 473 samples taken through private initiative.
- 15 cases from 319 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 1 case from 234 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 2 cases of 19 samples taken in the context of the control of the Cyprus Basketball Federation and the Cyprus Volleyball Federation.
- 170 cases from 7,171 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.