Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, March 2, 2021:
– One person has died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 232.
– 79 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 22 are in serious condition.
– A total of 32,933 disease detection tests have been performed by the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
– 288 (positivity rate: 0.87%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 35,297 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 is:
– A 52-year-old man, without reporting underlying diseases in the Medical Certificate of Causes of Death, which ended up in the Intensive Care Unit of the Nicosia General Hospital.
Therefore, the total number of deaths with a final cause of COVID-19 is 232, of which:
155 men (67%), and
– 77 women (33%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 79 years.
In total, 79 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 22 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 22 patients who are critical, nine are intubated, three are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 10 to an intensive care unit.
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 32,933 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 2,780 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 30,153 by the antigen rapid test, 288 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted in the following:
- 61 cases from 515 samples obtained through the process of tracking close contact (primary contacts) cases.
- 24 cases from 1,227 samples taken through private initiative.
- 13 cases from 336 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 9 cases from 688 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method in private clinical laboratories.
- 181 cases from 29,465 samples that were examined by the method of antigen rapid test through the program of the Ministry of Health.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 430 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 272 samples taken under the program of referrals by Personal Doctors and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.