Announcement of the Ministry of Health regarding new cases of COVID-19 disease
The Ministry of Health announces that today, January 19, 2021:
One person has died of COVID-19, bringing the total number of deaths to 176.
– 194 COVID-19 patients are hospitalized, of which 59 are in serious condition.
– A total of 8,366 disease detection tests have been performed with the molecular method (PCR) and the antigen rapid detection method (antigen rapid test).
– 164 (positivity rate: 1.96%) new cases of COVID-19 disease were detected by molecular tests (PCR) and antigen rapid test (antigen rapid test), bringing the total number of cases to 29,294 .
The current results are detailed.
A. Deaths from COVID-19 disease:
One person who died with the ultimate cause of death attributed to COVID-19 is:
– A man, 81 years old, with underlying diseases, who ended up at the General Hospital of Famagusta.
Thus, the total number of final causes of COVID-19 disease is 176, of which:
117 men (66%), and
– 59 women (34%).
The average age of those who die from the disease is 80 years.
In total, 194 patients with COVID-19 are treated in OKYPY hospitals, of which 59 are in serious condition or in MAF conditions.
Of the 59 patients who are critical, 32 are intubated, six are admitted to an intravenous intensive care unit and 21 to an intensive care unit.
C. Positive cases COVID -19 (PCR test and rapid antigen test):
Of the 8,366 laboratory diagnoses performed today, 1,867 were made by the molecular method (PCR) and 6,499 by the antigen rapid test, 164 cases of COVID-19 were identified, which resulted as follows:
- 35 cases from 243 samples taken through the process of tracking contacts of already confirmed cases.
- 1 case of 260 samples taken as part of a passenger check at Larnaca and Paphos Airports.
- 29 cases from 689 samples taken through private initiative.
- 11 cases from 424 samples taken from the Microbiological Laboratories of the General Hospitals.
- 5 cases from 235 samples received under the program of referrals by Personal Physicians and control of special groups through the Public Health Clinics.
- 83 cases from 6,499 samples tested by the antigen rapid test method.
In addition, the following laboratory tests were performed without detecting a case:
- 16 samples were taken to retest conducted under the 7 the day after the arrival of people who returned from the United Kingdom and are mandatory restriction in hotels of Republic.